Save to Home Screen
Simple instructions on how to save SCHMETZ Resources to the home screen on your iphone, android, tablet or desktop.
Saving Links to Mobile Device and Desktop Home Screen
Use the following instructions to save links to locations that you can easily access on your devices.
iPhone or iPad:
1. Launch “Safari” app. This does not work from the “Chrome” app.
2. Enter into the address field the URL of the website you want to create a shortcut to. Tap “Go.”
3. Tap the icon featuring a right-pointing arrow coming out of a box along the top of the Safari window to open a drop-down menu.
4. Tap “Add to Home Screen.” The Add to Home dialog box will appear, with the icon that will be used for this website on the left side of the dialog box.
5. Enter the name for the shortcut using the on-screen keyboard and tap “Add.” Safari will closecautomatically, and you will be taken to where the icon is located on your iPhone/iPad’s desktop.
1. Launch “Chrome” app.
2. Open the website or web page you want to pin to your home screen.
3. Tap the menu icon (3 dots in upper right-hand corner) and tap Add to home screen.
4. You’ll be able to enter a name for the shortcut and then Chrome will add it to your home screen.
Computer Desktop Using Internet Explorer, Chrome, or Firefox:
1. Visit the website you want to create a shortcut to. Open the exact site you want to make a shortcut for. You can make a shortcut for any website.
2. Make sure the browser isn't full screen. You'll need to be able to see your desktop in order for this to work easily.
3. Highlight, click and drag the site's icon (URL) in the address bar. You'll see an outline of the object appear as you drag.
4. Release the icon on your desktop. A shortcut to the website will appear with the website's title as the name. The shortcut will use the website's icon if it has one.
Bookmark/Favorite Using Internet Explorer, Chrome, or Firefox:
1. Visit the website you want to add as a bookmark/favorite.
2. Click on the star icon in the top right corner of the screen.
3. A pop-out window will open, where you can name your bookmark. By default, your new bookmark will have the same name as the title of the website. Click the current name in the pop-out window to enter a new name.
4. Click Done.